Here are seven things I’d like to see over the next twelve months:
- An end to complaints about Facebook’s organic reach — Seriously, we just sound like jilted lovers now. We need to get over it. Pay or go away.
- Better web adverts — I’d love to support your site and turn off my adblocker, but until your adverts aren’t intrusive, unwieldy and absolutely fucking shit it’s not going to happen.
- An admission from community managers the world over that posting natively is just better — You may have spent half your budget on the latest management platform, but if you’re using it for anything other than its reporting capabilities you’re lying to yourself.
- Stop calling it native advertising and start calling it advertorial — Because that’s what it is.
- An end to Twitter asking me if I like this feature and then still showing me the next time I log in, even if I have clicked “no” — You can fuck off with that.
- On-channel customer service — Stop telling your customers to call you, or visit your website.
- Pushy salespeople on LinkedIn taking the opportunity to read my profile before contacting me — It says “no sales calls”. That includes you.
Anything I’ve missed?